Substitute Teacher Service, (STS) is looking for PA Certified Teachers to serve as daily substitute teachers on an as needed basis.
Working with STS, you may be eligible for unemployment compensation during the summer months, we also offer direct deposit and an online system for managing your job schedule and accepting work assignments.
These substitute positions are available to candidates who meet the criteria described herein.
- A valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certification, PA Emergency Certification or +Letter of Completion
- Note: You may not excede 90 working days in a school year with an Inactive Teaching Certificate
- A Pennsylvania Criminal Records check (Act 34) that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- A Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance History (Act 151) that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- NEW! Effective 1/1/2015, you can now obtain this clearance online!
- A FBI Criminal History Record that is clean and less than 5 years old **
- Proof of a TB test or chest x-ray that is less than two years old
- A Resume'
- Routing number and account number for direct deposit setup
- 2 Valid forms of Identification:
a) Driver's license or Photo ID and social security card
b) Driver's license or Photo ID and birth certificate
- A valid, working email address -- not a college or university address for those will expire! If you do not have a valid email address, it is recommended that you set up for example a Hotmail or GMail email account. This is how all future communications from STS will reach you.
- Effective 12/22/2014: In accordance with PA Act 168 of 2014, a list of all current and past employers, including contact information, for all jobs held where you have or had direct contact with children.
** Please note: clearances cannot be older than 5 years however, some districts may require new clearances that are less than 1 year old!
+Letter of Completion -Substitute Teacher Service, Inc. can hire newly graduated candidates with a Letter of Completion (LOC) in lieu of a PA certificate IF the following information is included in the letter.
- The candidate has completed all coursework for the degree program and/or the degree has been conferred.
- The candidate has passed all required tests needed for PA certification.
- The candidate has been recommended to PDE for certification (thru TIMS).
Please note that the requirements must be stated in past tense. If the above information is not stated in the LOC from a college/university, we will need to wait until the PA certificate is made available before hiring the candidate.
At your interview, we will take a photo of you for an ID badge. Please dress appropriately.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You must bring all official, original documents to your interview. Original, official documents that have been altered in any way will not be accepted.
** If you have already completed Act 126 training, please bring proof of completion. If you need training, STS will be notifying you of how to get it.