17 - ATHLETIC TRAINER
Pueblo City Schools
- Job ID: 2700152
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
March 19, 2018
Athletics & Activities > Trainer
Please submit a current Resume
- Athletic Trainer Certification (Must attach copy of your current certification with your application or you will not be considered)
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certification, e.g., American Heart Association, American Red Cross, National Safety Council; and, ability to pass post offer screen lift test
- Prefer: 26 hours or more in Sports Medicine
Requires rapid, accurate decision-making skills in potentially life-threatening sports injury situations. Requires rendering of pre-hospital first aid / primary care and acute injury management while at risk of being exposed to blood borne pathogens.
- Requires lifting and/or transporting of injured athletes and administration of CPR. Must be able to lift heavy weights (up to 200 lbs.) and have functional use of all four extremities.
- Ability to pass post offer screen lift test.
- Apply pre-event / pre-practice protective padding, taping and or bracing
- Gather and make available the appropriate first aid / emergency supplies in support of the sporting activity or contest
- Insure that proper and adequate amounts of fluids are available to the athletic participant during a practice session or contest so as to prevent dehydration and heat illnesses
- In the event of an acute injury, apply triage principles to rapidly assess the situation and administer appropriate emergency care in keeping with her / his level of fist aid / CPR knowledge of certification
- Apply the principles of the "RICE" (Rest Ice Circulation Elevation) protocol and other American Red Cross approved first aid measures to acutely injured individuals
- Notify a Certified Athletic Trainer, Medical Doctor, or Emergency Medical Technician if appropriate, based on the severity of the injury
- Follow the standing orders of an attending physician to provide ice following practice or events to previously diagnosed, chronic inflammatory musculoskeletal conditions
Pueblo City Schools seeks to comply with state and/or federal law prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex(gender), age, genetic information, or disabilities in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries regarding Pueblo City Schools' compliance may be referred to the Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Compliance Officer for Pueblo City Schools, 315 West 11th St., Pueblo, CO 81003 (719) 549-7162.
Si usted necesita ayuda con la traduccion, de esta informacion, por favor llame a la oficina del distrito.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pueblo City Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.