MIDDLE SCHOOL INTEGRATED TECHNOLOGY & DESIGN TEACHER
Wahaha International School
- Job ID: 2738645
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
October 10, 2017
- Starting Date:
November 1, 2017
• The Middle School Integrated Technology and Design (IDT) teacher will be responsible for teaching a science, technology and
design program through hands on learning in the context of an integrated curriculum, and will work closely with the Science
Teacher. He/She will increase the skills set of students so that they have a wide range of options for their high school education.
• The teacher will guide the student academically, socially, physically, and emotionally in a manner that fosters the overall
development and well-being of each individual.
• The teacher’s goal is to create a stimulating and inspiring learning environment in which the child becomes a proactive learner.
• The teacher shall also maintain a positive and caring environment, to provide sensitive support to each child and to challenge each
child to reach his/her fullest potential in each developmental area.
Teaching Duties & Responsibilities & Classroom Management:
• To refine and execute with your fellow colleagues and academic team the school’s curriculum
• To create concrete and supportive learning tools as required to deliver your program to the highest of standard
• To prepare and maintain an orderly environment in which the furnishings and materials are complete, appealing and appropriate to
the needs of the group.
• To create weekly and daily lesson plans which will outline the goals, content and support resources to be undertaken in your daily
work with your pupils.
• To maintain current and accurate records of classroom attendance, children’s daily progress, attainment and achievement, through
anecdotes, collections of children’s work for portfolio and individual assessment.
• To monitor and liaise with all specialist teachers regarding the students’ progress.
• To compile this knowledge in written format for the purpose of writing progress reports as set out by the school.
• To conduct parent conferences and report verbally to parents regarding the progress of their child as set out by the school.
• To attend and participate in all school wide functions, professional development workshops, Parent Orientation and Parent
• To maintain discipline and manage your classroom in the manner set out by the school handbook, with absolute and utter total
respect for the child at all times.
• To undertake other supervisory duties such as in the playground and lunchroom as set out by the school.
• To participate in any in-service education programs conducted by the school each year.
• To lead one after school activity per term each year at no additional compensation.
• To serve as an Advisor to a small number of students, supporting their academic, social, emotional progress within the school.
Career Education > Computer Science
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
$45,000 to $70,000 Per Year
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades
Classroom Teacher > Computer Science
Classroom Teacher > Technology/Industrial Arts
• Native English Speaker preferred, TOEFL Certification required
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in education or a related technology field required.
• Teaching certification with the appropriate endorsement to teach Technology issued by an accredited governing State or Country licencing authority.
• Must have experience in one or more of the following: Engineering and Electronics, Architectural/Engineering Drawing, Modeling/Simulation (Computer Science) and/or Computer Systems Technology (Networking).
• 2+ years teaching experience
• Must possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
• Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
• Ability to work in a team
• Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
• Creative problem solving skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes a monthly housing allowance, a one-time settling in allowance, and an annual round-trip international air ticket to home of record. Worldwide Medical Health Insurance is included, excluding USA coverage. School will sponsor a “Z” visa for successful candidates.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.