HIGH SCHOOL SCIENCE TEACHER
Roxbury Prep (learn more)
Location: Boston, MA
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here uncommonschools.org/our-schools/uncommon-cities.
• Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds, characters & lives of students both in and out of school.
• Show unwavering commitment to urban youth achieving greatness.
• Create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure that students observe the school’s core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
• Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards.
• Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards.
• Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices.
• Participate in the collaborative curriculum development process.
• Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior to ensure that students observe the school’s core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct.
• Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards.
• Share responsibility for grade-level and school-wide activities.
• Exhibit resilience to persevere and turn challenges into opportunities.
• Focus constantly on student learning, thinking critically and strategically to respond to student learning needs.
• Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
• Engage families in their children’s education.
• Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings.
• Participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training.
• Mentor and engage another Teacher in instructional practice and professional development.
• Include a Teacher in daily classroom activities to help students meet academic standards.
• Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom.
• Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom.
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects.
• Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting.
• Belief in and alignment with Uncommon Schools’ core beliefs and educational philosophy.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for historically underserved children and communities, please visit our website and apply online at www.uncommonschools.org/careers.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.