KIDS KLUB COUNSELOR
Laveen Elementary School District
- Job ID: 2783177
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
August 1, 2018
Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor
High school diploma or equivalent. Six months experience in a related field. A valid fingerprint clearance card. Must be Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ First Aid certified within 30 days of hire. Must be 18 years of age.
Kids Klub Manager/Kids Klub Coordinator
To maintain the effective operation of the District Kids Klub and to maintain positive relations with parents and staff.
- Supervises children’s activities to ensure safety at all time.
- Works with site manager to plan, organize, and direct a variety of recreational and educational before and after school activities for students grade K-8.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with the children, parents, school staff and other community members.
- Establishes and maintains standards of acceptable behavior using non-punitive methods.
- Maintains an environment which promotes cooperation, learning and enjoyment.
- Assists site manager with daily attendance and records, scheduling and implementing daily activities, and distributing daily snack.
- Interacts and encourages high participation of students in daily activities and planning process.
- Assists in maintaining facility by keeping it clean, organized, & secure.
- Assists with daily set-up and take-down of center: lifting/moving tables, chairs, and boxes.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows Arizona Department of Health Services rules and regulations
- Assists students with homework.
- Completes 18 hours of required trainings annually in the required fields.
- Works additional hours on early release days.
- Monitors student online activities.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios.
- Read a variety of manuals; writes documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others.
- Understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to student, staff, and public needs.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Creates and maintains a positive and conducive work environment.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions.
- Effective written communication.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful and positive manner.
- Safety and Security - Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and maintain confidentiality of information.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
- Knowledge of appropriate business machines and telephones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. In addition, some carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: requires sitting, walking, and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Ten-month, employee pay and benefits in accordance with Board policy.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Part Time Employee Benefits: accordance with Board policy.
- Performance to be evaluated in accordance with the Board policy on evaluation of support personnel.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.