Teacher – FOREIGN LANGUAGE SECONDARY
Terms of Employment: 10 Months FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
POSITION SUMMARY: The teacher will implement, into weekly instruction, appropriate educational curriculum based on the NCSSFL-ACTFL (National Standards for 21st Century Language Learning-American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Can-Do Statements and the course syllabi. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning. This person will report directly to the Director of Implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Administer appropriate district curriculum, which is aligned with the NCSSFL-ACTFL Can-Do Statements.
- Conduct classes in the language of instruction.
- Create and maintain a positive and academically focused learning environment.
- Develop and implement the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
- Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
- Develop a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
- Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
- Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary virtual classroom.
- Work cooperatively with students, colleagues, and company management.
- Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives.
- Participate as an active member with other faculty.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by company policy.
- Maintain and improve professional competence.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Demonstrate foreign language proficiency at the Advanced-Low level based on the proficiency scale created by ACTFL.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a teaching license issued by a state department of education.
- Must hold the appropriate foreign language endorsement, which matches the assignment.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.