HIGH SCHOOL CHEER COACH
Glasgow School District 1-A
- Job ID: 2803841
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
May 29, 2017
Athletics & Activities > Coaching
Fall and Winter season commitment.
- Coaches participants in the skills necessary for the sport/activity assigned.
- Must maintain competency in rules, regulations, and coaching techniques for the sport/activity.
- Establishes a schedule of practices.
- Maintains discipline and sportsmanlike conduct of all participants and enforces the policies of the District uniformly when disciplining participants
- In addition to those established by MHSA and Board policy, establishes performance criteria for eligibility.
- Responsible for the inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for making recommendations to the administration for equipment and supplies needed for the ensuing season.
- Works with the athletic director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- In team activities, teaches/coaches the importance of team work.
- Supervises participants and assistant coaches.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Meets MHSA requirements (if applicable).
- Holds a currently valid American Red Cross First Aid card (for those coaching athletics).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate, orally and in writing, with students, parents, staff, and the community in general.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employment and student matters.
- Ability to perform duties with an awareness of all District requirements and Board policies.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.