Glasgow School District 1-A
- Job ID: 2809254
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
June 14, 2017
Support Staff > Transportation
WE WILL TRAIN!
- Drives school bus or transportation vehicle over assigned route in accordance with time schedule.
- Boards and discharges student passengers in a safe and orderly manner.
- Transports students, staff, and chaperones on field trips, athletic activities, and other special trips.
- Enforces District policies and procedures related to transportation and maintains discipline on buses.
- Prepares student discipline citations as needed.
- Prepares daily reports of mileage, time, and student loads.
- Maintains bus cleanliness on a daily basis, including washing, as needed.
- Performs minor bus maintenance checks and reports maintenance needs.
- Renders first aid or emergency assistance as needed.
- May transport other materials in District vehicles.
- Services buses with gas and oil and checks tires, battery, and belts.
- Maintains good order among students on buses, following District policies regarding discipline of children and contact with parents and other citizens.
- Instructs students and others on proper bus behavior and emergency procedures.
- During times buses are not in use, may be assigned to general maintenance and cleanup activities in the transportation department.
- Ensures compliance with applicable provisions of state motor vehicle code and education code, as related to bus driving and transporting students.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as given or assigned.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work history demonstrating dependability and reliability; good driving record; high school diploma or equivalent; or any combination of training and experience likely to provide the desired knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of valid Montana commercial driver’s license, (w/school bus, passenger, air breaks) accompanied by satisfactory medical examination report.
- Holds valid basic First Aid certificate.
- Holds valid TR-35 Form.
- Knowledge of safe driving practices.
- Knowledge of geography of the School District and other districts served.
- Operate school bus, exercising good judgment and extreme caution.
- Drive school bus safely over variety of normal and hazardous road conditions.
- Maintain order among students on a bus.
- Learn designated bus route, bus stops, and District traffic hazards.
- Make route reports.
- Keep simple records.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the public, and staff members.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student matters.
- Ability to effectively manage time and responsibilities.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.