Various Paraprofessional positions in the Pahrump, Beatty & Amargosa Area
Various Pahrump Schools as needed
Position will vary per position
Starting salary $15.61 to $18.96 per hour
To assist teaching staff and/or special education, early childhood, speech, 504 plan students in a variety of instructional activities during the instructional school day.
Successful candidate may be required to attend training provided by the district in the following areas:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Paraprofessional requirements as per NCLB
- Correct English usage and grammar
- Knowledge of educational, behavioral and emotional principles and techniques
- Ability to relate3 to adults and children of all ages, particularly those with a handicapping condition
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to assist with toileting needs
- Modifications and accommodations for students with Autism and Emotional Handicap
- Dealing with a variety of behaviors (emotional regulations)
- Visual scheduling, communications systems, etc
- Working with accommodations within integrated settings
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention
Classroom or suitable workspace and supplies necessary to carry out functions of position description.
The principal will interview a minimum of three (3) qualified candidates. If there are fewer than three (3) qualified candidates, the principal will interview all qualified applicants on file. After files have been reviewed and interviews have been conducted, the principal, prior to submission of the rationale for employment, may consult with the Human Resources Director concerning the individual to be recommended for employment. This recommendation will be reviewed and approved by the Superintendent/designee.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NYE County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYE County School District does not sanction or tolerate discrimination in any form on the basis of race, color, religion, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, domestic partnership, genetic information, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or membership in the Nevada National Guard.
Americans with Disabilities Act
In compliance with applicable disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be provided for qualified individuals with a disability who require and request such accommodations. Candidates are encouraged to discuss potential accommodations with the Department of Human Resources.