**This job will probably begin after the first of the year, sometime in January 2018.**
Work under minimum supervision to ensure the efficient operation of the superintendent’s office and provide clerical services to the superintendent and board of trustees. Handle confidential information and engage in frequent contact with all levels of district employees, outside agencies, and the general public. Responsible for on-site leadership of clerical employees assigned.
High school diploma or GED
Knowledge of school district organization, operations, and administrative policies
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos
Ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling
Excellent public relations, organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to use software to develop spreadsheets, perform data analysis, and do word processing
Ability to multi-task numerous complex administrative activities
Five years or more advanced secretarial experience with extensive contact with people
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Organize, prepare, and post official board agenda and records for board meetings and distribute to board members and others as required.
- Record minutes of executive staff and board meetings as required.
- Prepare all correspondence, memoranda, and reports for superintendent.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws and regulations, and local board policy
Reception and Phones
- Answer incoming calls and greet visitors. Respond to routine inquiries from the public, board members, and staff and refer appropriate inquiries or problems to superintendent or other administrators.
- Schedule appointments and maintain superintendent’s calendar.
- Assign work to executive office clerical staff and oversee completion.
- Assist with travel arrangements for board members and administrators as needed, including making hotel reservations and turning in conference registration forms.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Monitor the work and issue work assignments to assigned clerical staff.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; occasional districtwide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress