FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCE TEACHER
SHELLEY JOINT DISTRICT
- Job ID: 2863576
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
October 31, 2017
- Starting Date:
August 17, 2018
Secondary Family and Consumer Science Teacher (Grades 9-12)
2018-2019 School Year
Is responsible for creating a classroom environment that develops skills in Family & Consumer Science courses.
Must have an Idaho Teacher Certificate with Family and Consumer Sciences Endorsement
1. Teaches content and skills in Family & Consumer Science courses, utilizing curriculum designated by Newport News Public Schools.
2. Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of Newport News Public Schools.
3. Adapts Family & Consumer Science material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments and lesson plans that guide and challenge students.
4. Develops lesson plans and supplementary materials compatible with the division’s basic instructional philosophy and congruent with course standards; provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student and subgroups of students.
5. Evaluates academic and social growth of students, prepares report cards, keeps appropriate records to include attendance reports, checklists, census forms, and other recordkeeping activities as necessary.
6. Encourages students to think independently and to express original ideas.
7. Evaluates each student’s progress in meeting the course standards for Family & Consumer Science skills.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
9. Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve learning, health and attitude problems.
10. Communicates with parents and school counselors on student progress.
11. Supervises students in assigned out-of-classroom activities during the working day.
12. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
13. Administers testing in accordance with division testing practices. 14. Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
1. Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
2. Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including PTA, student clubs and afterschool activities.
3. Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
4. Performs other duties as assigned by principal or appropriate administrator.
Apply through district website www.shelleyschools.org by clicking on “frontline education” Icon
Open until filled
Classroom Teacher > Family & Consumer Science
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
SHELLEY JOINT DISTRICT is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.