SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
The NET Charter High School
- Job ID: 2865099
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
November 5, 2017
- Starting Date:
January 2, 2018
The NET Charter High School
The NET Charter High School serves students who have dropped out of or been expelled from high school or who have struggled academically or behavioral in traditional settings. The school’s name stands for: meeting Needs, raising Expectations, Training for life. Students at The NET earn a high school diploma and participate in internships with area employers in various fields. Our students leave school with the skills, confidence and experience to succeed in the career and education path of their choice.
The NET seeks a full time, special education teacher to provide support for students who most severely struggle academically and/or behaviorally.
This position is a unique opportunity to work intensively with your favorite students—the ones who don’t seem to excel in traditional classrooms. You will join a highly dedicated and mission aligned team of professionals striving to insure that all special education students receive the high quality supports they deserve.
As a Special Education teacher, you are responsible for:
• Teaching and/or Co-teaching Tier 3 classes for students who struggle academically or behaviorally
• Provide push-in support for students in Math, Science and Humanities classes
• Provide small group pull outs, individualized tutoring, test prep, Act 833 portfolio development, case management & behavior plan supports as needed
• Collaborate with Special Education Coordinator and RtI Coordinator to insure all students receive the appropriate supports, accommodations, and modifications
• Collaborate with Special Education Coordinator and RtI Coordinator to insure all Special Education and RtI paperwork is completed appropriately
Special Education > Emotionally Disabled
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Special Education > Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.