ESL TEACHER - XIANG JIANG SECONDARY SCHOOL - GUANGZHOU, CHINA - SPRING SEMESTER 2018
Xiang Jiang Secondary School
- Job ID: 2866102
- Application Deadline:
February 20, 2018
November 8, 2017
- Starting Date:
February 26, 2018
• Classroom teaching up to 25 periods or 16 hours per week, plus 4 hours of office hours per week and other supervisory activities. Total weekly working time is up to 30-35 hours;
• Provide mentoring/tutoring to students who have demonstrated needs;
• Provide guidance to students for various club and community activities.
Salary and Benefits include:
a. Salary: 20,950 RMB to 25,950 RMB (equivalent to $3,053 USD to $3,782 USD) per month, or an annual salary of $30,530 USD to $37,820 USD, based on qualifications;
b. Two round-trip international tickets per school year (up to 20,000 RMB or $3,225 USD);
c. Housing allowance of 2,400 RMB per month;
d. Free shuttle pass to downtown Guangzhou;
e. Insurance package (2,000 RMB, equivalent to $322 USD).
February 26, 2018 – June 30, 2018 (one-semester contract with possibility of renewal depending upon performance evaluation).
E-mail or mail an application package to:
Michele Hirsch: email@example.com.
7 Kilburn Street, Suite 209
Burlington, Vermont 05401, USA
The application should include the following materials:
• Resume and a cover letter stating your education philosophy and your interest in teaching at Xiang Jiang Secondary School (XJSS) in Guangzhou, China.
• Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts shall be provided later).
• Three letters of reference.
For further information, please contact Michele Hirsch at 802-540-0305, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classroom Teacher > ELL / ESL / SEI / TESOL
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Xiang Jiang Secondary School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Required Qualifications:
• BA degree received from an accredited college or university with a major or minor in the required area of teaching;
• Minimum of TWO YEARS OF TEACHING EXPERIENCE at a secondary school (student teaching experience may count);
• Teaching license in required area(s) of teaching;
• Ability to effectively communicate in English with Chinese high school students.
• MA degree in required area of teaching;
• Prior experience or familiarity with Chinese culture and Chinese students;
• Ability to teach TOEFL.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.