POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Office Aide
• High school diploma or equivalent (minimum).
• Regular attendance is essential.
• Ability to speak, read and write Spanish and English proficiently
• Above average prior work record is necessary.
• Ability to establish good relationships with parents and staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to organize, file and retrieve records/materials.
• Ability to work under administrative and staff direction.
• Has an excellent understanding of appropriate language usage.
• Must be a proficient reader.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office software/Excel.
• Proficient typing skills.
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days per year
Salary Schedule: $11.86 per hour (Based on 2017/2018 Salary Schedule)
Hours to Work: 8 hours per day, M-F
• Running of office machines, i.e., copy machine, fax machine, laminator etc.
• Ability to assist answering phones with promptness and courtesy.
• Assist with responding to visitors with professional communication skills.
• Assist with supply/equipment requisitioning and distribution.
• Load/type information into computer programs.
• Create files and file information in existing files.
• Assist with data collection.
• Assist with sending letters to families and agencies.
• Other duties as assigned by administration.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER