FUELED PART-TIME ONLINE CHINESETEACHER HIGH SCHOOL - COLORADO
- Job ID: 2867977
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
January 8, 2018
- Starting Date:
Fuel Education (FuelEd) is dedicated to providing flexible, personalized pre-K to 12th grade online learning solutions.
This part-time teacher will be a state certified (in one of the listed states), highly-qualified teacher that encourages dynamic student achievement in an online environment. Our teachers provide real time support to students and focus on individual student needs using data-driven strategies communicates student progress weekly with appropriate contacts.
General responsibilities for our contract teachers are:
• Devote weekly hours to live synchronous sessions (hours are determined by state/client needs)
• Successfully complete training within two weeks of hiring
• Participate in monthly data analysis meetings
• Provide students with rich and targeted feedback
• Adhere to state specific requirements as specified by manager
• Complete additional trainings as required
As part of their regular teaching responsibilities, our teachers are also expected to fulfill duties in the following areas:
• Learn curriculum of assigned course/s
• Adhere to state and client specific prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools
• Welcome students to course, communicate requirements, encourage participation, maintain synchronous office hours, monitor student pacing/progress through course
• Take ownership for student academic progress and show an active interest in student achievement
• Grade student work offering constructive feedback and maintain grade book
Classroom Teacher > Language: Chinese
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
K12 Inc is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Candidates are required to be currently certified in the listed state with a Chinese endorsement on their teaching license. They are also expected to have HQT status in their state and to maintain this certification for the duration of their employment.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Experience in a customer service environment
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Experience with online teaching and supporting adults and children in the use of technology
• Three (3) years of teaching experience
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.