Gem Prep: Nampa
Gem Innovation Schools
- Job ID: 2869205
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
November 20, 2017
- Starting Date:
Gem Prep: Nampa has an immediate opening for a Paraprofessional/Tech for the 2017-2018 school year. Position will be 32 hours per week. Wage is $14.00/hour.
For a full job description and to apply, visit Apply Here
Gem Prep para/techs change the lives of students and families. They are willing to do “whatever it takes" to make every student successful. Our staff works relentlessly toward academic goals that will prepare students for college and beyond. Gem Prep staff changes the lives of students and families. They are willing to do “whatever it takes" to make every student successful. Our para/techs work relentlessly toward academic goals that will prepare students for college and beyond.
The para/tech provides tutoring, under the direction of a certified teacher and supports all staff in the use of technology. The goal of the position is to ensure that every student acquires proficiency in the knowledge and skills identified by the Idaho State Board of Education adopted standards.
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 1
$14 Per Hour
Support Staff > Computer Support
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gem Innovation Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- For a full job description and to apply, visit Apply Here
• Minimum Education – High School Graduate, some higher education preferred
• Ability to obtain paraprofessional certification (this must be completed prior to tutoring students)
• Aptitude for working with children, parents, and teachers
• Interest in children and the learning process
• Desire to assist students in a learning environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ethical behavior
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
• Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft Windows and Chrome OS.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on building rapport including listening and questioning.
• Working knowledge of popular diagnostic utilities.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Ability to seek out answers through websites, forums, other staff if they are not known.
• Knowledge of basic computer troubleshooting steps including but not limited to (wifi connectivity, printer setup,
driver issues, video communications software).
- High School/Trade School degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.