Rocky Mount Prep is a public charter school with more than 1,200 scholars in grades K-12 in Rocky Mount, N.C., an hour east of Raleigh in the Eastern North Carolina Teach for America zone. Our diverse student body includes 75 percent of scholars who are eligible for free-and-reduced lunch.
Our mission as a college-prep school is to inspire scholars of all backgrounds to expect excellence, express excitement, extend education, and experience Prep so they will achieve their dreams for college, career, and life.
Why Work For Us?
• To focus relentlessly on our mission to make a difference by closing the achievement gap for economically disadvantaged scholars, developing their character and potential
• To join a team that is like a family, fully committed to putting the needs of scholars before adults with strong supports setting you up to succeed
• To continuously improve your teaching practice through frequent coaching, personal learning and professional growth
• To help us rethink how school is done, blending the best of teaching and technology to accelerate the growth of learning
• To participate in education reform by working in a public charter school that is a school of choice, accountable to the state and parents but free from many traditional regulations
About the Position
Rocky Mount Prep seeks mission-driven teachers with strong content knowledge who want to be the best. Teachers in all grades specialize in their subject area, teaching the same subject to different groups as students rotate between classes. We provide intensive training and professional development every Friday afternoon from 1:30-3:30 p.m. School leaders and deans provide frequent coaching and feedback in order to provide the best support to teachers as possible. Core Knowledge provides the foundation of our curriculum, and we use blended learning in all grade levels.
Competitive applicants will:
• Have at least 2 years of experience as a teacher with a strong record of student achievement, preferably in a Title I school
• Able to employ employ special education strategies and techniques during instruction to improve the development of sensory, perceptual, motor skills, language, cognition and memory.
• A Bachelor’s degree or greater from an accredited college or university with a strong academic record in math or ELA
• Believe that all students can and will succeed and can attend college
• A desire to continuously improve their teaching practice and accept feedback
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.IdahoEducationJobs.com/job?2870371|