Hope Community Charter School -Tolson Campus
Hope Community Public Charter School
District of Columbia
- Job ID: 2870895
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
November 28, 2017
- Starting Date:
Imagine is a workplace that experiences, Joy at Work by having opportunities for each employee to your their skills and talents to make decisions that positively impact our schools, scholars, and communities. It is the quality of the decisions we make and of those made for us that determines the success of our endeavors and the nature of life we experience. Imagines’ decision-making approach puts emphasis on getting advice or input from colleagues and leaders.
This position will be responsible for routine cleaning, repairs, light maintenance and safety in all areas of the building and policing the grounds. Former custodial experience is required, and experience as a school custodian is preferred. Carpentry, painting, electrical and/or plumbing skills are a plus. Position will report to the Lead Custodian for their assigned school building. The Custodian – Journeyman position’s mission is to maintain the school’s facilities in a condition of cleanliness and safety. Starting salary is noted above; position includes a standard benefits package including health and dental insurance and opportunity to participate in a 401(k) employee retirement savings plan.
1. Keeps buildings and grounds neat and clean at all times.
2. Cleans, dusts, and wipes furniture; empties/cleans wastebaskets and trash containers; replaces light bulbs; refills restroom dispensers.
3. Uses and maintains assigned power equipment and hand tools; pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
4. Must get along well with others and deal effectively with principals, teachers, students, and visitors.
5. Checks the security of the building and grounds.
6. Sweeps and wet and dry mops floors.
7. Waxes floors and operates buffing machines.
8. Vacuums and cares for carpeting.
9. Washes windows and polishes furniture.
10. Cleans and sanitizes restrooms using established practices and procedures.
11. Follows instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies and uses as directed.
12. Mops and buffs the cafeteria.
13. Turns heating and air conditioning equipment on and off as required.
14. Reports any damages or needed repairs to supervisor.
15. Moves furniture, folds and unfolds chairs as required.
16. Picks up paper and debris from school grounds; removes snow or debris from sidewalks and stairs in areas within immediate vicinity of buildings using hand-operated tools or small power equipment.
17. Understands and follows safety procedures as provided by Imagine Schools staff.
18. Raises and lowers flags.
19. Delivers packages and messages.
20. Works additional hours upon reasonable request.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required)
Completion of a standard high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment required. Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals consistent with the duties of this position. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from administrators, staff and the general public consistent with the duties of this position required. Must have manual skills to perform cleaning and to move furniture. Mechanical skills to operate cleaning equipment and to make minor repairs is expected. Must have ability to work independently; work tasks are clear cut and directly related. Must have an excellent attendance record and demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment. Some responsibility for the safety of others is essential.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to use equipment; see and read printed material with or without vision aids; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and occasionally, to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds; to bend, to stoop, to walk and to reach overhead.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Support Staff > Maintenance
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hope Community Public Charter School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience preferred
- High School/Trade School degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.