Northern Rhode Island Collaborative
- Job ID: 2870930
- Application Deadline:
December 20, 2017
December 7, 2017
- Starting Date:
1. Responsible for all general cleaning and maintenance of assigned job station.
2. Daily: Sweeps floors, empties wastepaper baskets, dusts ledges, window sills, bookcases, cleans glass partitions, sinks and lavatories. Vacuums carpets where appropriate.
3. Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas neat and clean at all times, according to work schedule.
4. Shovels, and/or sands walks, driveways, parking areas, and steps as appropriate.
5. Checks daily to insure that all exit doors are open and all panic bolts are working properly during the hours of building occupancy.
6. Assumes responsibility for the general fire safety of the building.
7. Cleans corridors after school each day and during the day when their condition requires it.
8. Scrubs, hoses down and disinfects toilets & bathroom floors daily, and cleans all sanitary fixtures and drinking fountains daily.
9. Washes all windows as needed.
10. Keeps the grounds free from rubbish.
11. Keeps all floors in a clean and attractive condition and in a good state of presentation.
12. Reports major repairs needed promptly or damage to school property to the Executive Director or designee.
13. Assumes responsibility for the closing of the building each school day and for determining before leaving, that all doors and windows are secured, and all lights, except those left on for safety reasons, are turned off at the end of school and on weekends.
14. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed by the Principal.
15. Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish and waste.
16. Helps clean and maintain tools and equipment used in the performance of duties.
17. Participates in necessary painting.
18. Assumes responsibility for the general security of the buildings and grounds.
19. Assumes responsibility for any energy conservation regulations.
20. Insures that heating plant is operating properly. Reports malfunctions to the Executive Director or designee.
21. Assists in unloading trucks containing school and cleaning supplies.
22. Performs maintenance duties such as minor plumbing, electrical including replacing fluorescent lighting, and replacing broken windows.
23. Completes supply requisition form as needed for cleaning supplies.
24. Summer and school vacation duties involve major clean-up of school building including washing walls, windows ( inside and outside), blinds, and stripping and waxing floors.
25. May perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Physical, mental, and emotional stamina to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position; sustain moderate physical effort for eight (8) hours.
2. Hearing sufficient to communicate in person and hold conversation sin normal range (approximately 60 decibels)
3. Employee must have the visual acuity for the purpose of reading printed materials such as labels, safety materials, equipment manuals, etc.
4. Physical agility to sit, stand, kneel, walk, push/pull, squat, twist, turn, bend, stoop, and to reach overhead.
5. Physical stamina sufficient to climb slopes, stairs, and ladders
6. Physical strength sufficient to frequently lift and/or carry 35 or more pounds; occasionally lift 50 or more pounds with assistance.
7. Occasionally push and/or pull a variety of tools, equipment, or objects weighing 80 or more pounds.
8. Exhibit a full range of motion for shoulder external rotation and internal rotation, should abduction and adduction, elbow flexion and extension, shoulder extension and flexion range of motion capable of reaching.
9. Exhibit a full range of motion for back lateral flexion, hip flexion and extension, and knee flexion
10. Work with chemical agents in a safe and effective manner without allergic reaction.
11. Physical tolerance to be exposed to dust, pollen, specific agents/chemicals, cleaners, foul smells.
12. Work in a wide range of temperatures; work in both indoor and outdoor environments with exposure to extreme weather conditions which include but are not limited to: heat, cold, rain, wind, and high humidity.
13. Demonstrate manual dexterity sufficient to write, use a telephone, operate and maneuver demanding cleaning equipment, machinery, such as floor polishers, carpet cleaners, etc.
Support Staff > Custodian
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Northern Rhode Island Collaborative is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- 1. Hold a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) sufficient to assure the ability to read and write English and to perform mathematical calculations at the level required for successful job performance.
2. Two (2) years related experience in a similar position.
3. Knowledge of: Modern cleaning methods and use and care of cleaning materials and equipment used in custodial work; requirements for maintaining school buildings and grounds in a safe, clean and orderly condition; basic English usage, oral and written communications; safe vehicle driving practices.
4. Possession of a valid Rhode Island driver’s license.
• A pre-employment physical is a requirement of the candidate selection process for this position.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- High School/Trade School degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Please state why you want to bid into this position and list any specialized training you have had that would make you qualified for this position.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.