Fisher Public Schools
- Job ID: 2870994
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
June 1, 2017
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in special education or general education settings, including but not limited to reviewing and reinforcing previously introduced lessons and implementing prescribed instruction.
- Alerts the teacher to special needs of individual students.
- Escorts and assists students as necessary, including lifting where appropriate.
- Administers or assists in the administration of alternative testing.
- May correct day-to-day work of students but shall not be responsible for grading or reporting to parents.
- Carries out teacher-planned learning exercises including instruction of core curriculum, academic support and support of related therapies including speech and language activities, occupational and physical therapy activities and mobility training activities.
- Performs classroom and other appropriate tasks designated by the supervising teacher/principal.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of fully certified teachers.
- Participates in staff development programs as assigned.
- Establishes an effective work relationship with classroom teachers, specialists, and administration.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate skills in performing daily routines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a computer, software and necessary classroom technology.
- Ability to develop effective and positive working relationships with students, staff, administrators, parents, and the community.
- Maintain professional composure while dealing with a variety of personalities and situations.
- Show initiative and function as a self-starter.
- Effectively communicate and have interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.