Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
Teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of Uncommon’s curriculum and the success of its students. Therefore, Uncommon Schools seeks teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a grade level team.
• Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
• Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
• Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
• Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
• Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
• Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
• Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
• Participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training;
• Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
• Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom;
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects;
• Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player;
• Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred; and
• Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting.
Valid State Certification is helpful but not required. Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 7
Classroom Teacher > Middle Grades Classroom Teacher > English & Language Arts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Uncommon Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Bachelor degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.