HEAD START PRESCHOOL INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANT
Bremen Public Schools
- Job ID: 2871517
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
November 30, 2017
Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head
Monday-Thursday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, and some Fridays
- High School Diploma
- Experience working with students
- Skills in human relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively before groups of students and parents
- Ability to plan and organize
- Other qualifications as deemed desirable by the School Board
REPORTS TO: Assigned teacher and building principal
JOB GOAL: To assist students in achieving educational objectives and to contribute to the overall vision and mission of the corporation
- Implements student IEP and Behavior Plan goals under the supervision of the teacher.
- Monitors and provides assistance for the student’s behavioral needs.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of material or skills.
- Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on a systematic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
- Supervises students as directed by the teacher or principal
- Guides independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Communicates with the teacher on student progress and information regarding activities and lessons.
- Checks notebooks and supervises testing and makeup work, as assigned by the teacher.
- Participates in pre-service and in-service training.
- Maintains professional level of confidentiality in matters related to the programming of individual students or group of students.
- Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Assist the teacher with preparing student materials
- Communicates concerns about an individual student.
- Assist students with health and self-help needs, to include but not limited to feeding, toileting, positioning, and dressing. This may require operating specialized equipment.
- Attends to students’ personal needs.
- Record keeping and data collection as assigned by teacher.
- Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the teacher or principal.
Classroom Teacher > Preschool
Instructional Support > Individual Aide
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.