JOB TITLE: Library/Media Assistant
Job Summary: The job of "Library/Media Assistant" is done for the purpose/s of maintaining library collection at school site; implementing age appropriate programs for students utilizing library resources; selecting appropriate items in support of classroom instruction and educating students on the proper use of the library resources
Essential Job Functions:
• Conducts activities in a variety of formats (e.g. story telling, puppet plays, etc.) for the purpose of promoting the use and enjoyment of literature.
• Distributes various books and media for the purpose of providing requested classroom reference materials.
• Directs students for the purpose of educating them on the proper use of the library resources (i.e. classification system, card catalog, care of materials, etc.).
• Inventories equipment and materials in library collection for the purpose of documenting losses and/or maintaining availability of materials.
• Provides or facilitates, when assigned, support for audio visual, computer, printer, network and other peripheral equipment for the purpose of ensuring the efficient use of technology by students and staff.
• Processes orders (e.g. books, periodicals, films, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining library collection controls.
• Promotes library use related to special holidays, seasonal activities, etc. for the purpose of motivating students to use the library resources.
• Researches availability of materials and media for the purpose of selecting appropriate items.
Other Job Functions:
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Assists teachers, students, and other personnel for the purpose of identifying resource materials for use in classroom and/or class assignments.
• Participates in District meetings of library clerks for the purpose of communicating information and gaining feedback and/or direction on a variety of issues.
• Experience Required: Prior job related experience.
• Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
Skills to operate standard office equipment including use of basic computer applications,use English in both written and verbal form, use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, maintain detailed and accurate records.
Knowledge of standard office equipment, library control systems.
Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, understand and carry out oral and written instruction. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling/fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near visual acuity/visual accommodation .
• Education Required: High School diploma or equivalent
• Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Oregon Fingerprint and criminal Check
Hours: 6 hours per day (half hour unpaid lunch)
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 7:30am-2:00pm
Position eligible for an additional 3% Media Alone Stipend