Rio Rancho Public Schools
- Job ID: 2872377
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 4, 2017
Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head
Posting is Short Term for the 2017 - 2018 SY
Colinas Del Norte Elementary School
- MA or equivalent degree in School Administration
- NM 100 Level Administrative License or ability to apply and receive
- 7 years minimum teaching experience.
- Effective organizational ability;
- professional written and oral communication skills;
- ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- regarding students, staff, parents, and school matters.
Essential Job Responsibilities of Assistant Principal:
- Coordinates teaching program with site-based goals and district-wide objectives;
- Uses and applies appropriate conflict resolution skills with students;
- Maintains positive attitude and ensures classroom environment is conducive to student learning;
- Acts in the decision-making role of Principal in his/her absence.
- Leads committees when interviewing and hiring staff
- Serves as Instructional leader for certified and associate staff
- Monitors physical plant operations and maintenance
- Assist in Master Scheduling decisions
- Authorize movies/speaker approval with individual teachers.
- Collaborates consistently with Assistant Principals
- Does daily AM/PM duty in areas where students are present.
- Daily lunch duty in cafeteria and other eating areas.
- Enforces discipline system
- Oversees and contributes to programs dealing with dropout prevention
- Supervises credentialing system for teachers
- Attends and monitors evening/weekend events
- Serves as the resource and authority for grade reporting/review
- Assists in graduation requirements, arrangements, and ceremony
- Responsible for school inventory data collection, deletion, and accounting
- Holds monthly grade level meetings
- Responsible for Special Education issues and law compliance
- Responsible for teacher observations, evaluations, professional development plans, professional growth plans as needed.
- Participates in Planned Learning Communities activities.
- Monitors daily attendance and truancy issues.
- Works with counselors on key processes.
- Accountable for local, state, and Federal budget issues.
- Sets general tone in cooperation, encouragement, and professional development through staff development opportunities (in-services and meetings)
- Good technology skills.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
- One (1) transcript from each crediting college or university if not current in personnel file
- Copy of Professional License
- Letter of Interest
- 3 current signed/dated letters of recommendation
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.