Clarke County School District
- Job ID: 2872571
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 4, 2017
- Starting Date:
Associate Superintendent for District Services
The job of Associate Superintendent for District Services is done for the purpose/s of providing the best possible educational environments for our students. This position includes directing maintenance, custodial, and grounds services; student transportation; facility planning and construction; the school nutrition program; safety and energy conservation; the District’s security officers and resource officers; technology infrastructure services; facility use and rental services. This position provides information and serves as a resource to internal and external stakeholders. This position achieves defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing, and maintaining services in compliance with established guidelines. The Associate Superintendent of District Services serves as a member of the Superintendent’s Executive Cabinet.
Direct Supervisor: Superintendent of Schools
• Collaborates with internal and external personnel (other administrators, auditors, public agencies, community members, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
• Directs department operations, and the implementation of new programs and/or processes (site repairs/construction, preventive maintenance, etc.) for the purpose of providing services within established timeframes and in compliance with related requirements.
• Facilitates meetings and workshops, etc. for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff, and serving as a District representative.
• Inspects a variety of services and projects (new construction, repair work, projects, equipment, work orders, daily maintenance and supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that jobs are completed efficiently, specifications are within regulatory requirements, and approving inspection reports and payment requests.
• Participates in meetings, workshops, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Performs personnel functions (interviewing, evaluating, supervising, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel, and achieving objectives within budget.
• Prepares budget allocations, expenditures, fund balances, and related financial activities for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, revenues are recorded, expenses are within budget limits, and/or standard fiscal practices are followed.
• Prepares a wide variety of written materials (correspondence, memos, reports, policy/procedures, budget, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
• Presents a variety of information (reports, analyses, regulatory updates, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, gaining feedback, and ensuring adherence to established internal controls.
• Recommends new hires, promotions, termination, and transfers for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force.
• Researches a variety of topics (new products, laws, regulations, etc.) for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts, and continuation of district wide services.
• Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
• Skills-based Competencies
Required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including pertinent software applications; planning and managing projects and programs; overseeing program financial activities; developing effective working relationships; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and administering personnel policies and procedures.
• Knowledge-based Competencies
Required to perform advanced math; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: pertinent laws, codes, policies, and/or regulations; personnel processes; and standard business practices.
• Ability-based Competencies
Required to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings, and/or events; routinely gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working with multiple projects, frequent interruptions, and changing work priorities; working with detailed information/data; maintaining accurate records; maintaining confidentiality; and facilitating communication between persons with frequently divergent positions.
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or higher preferred
Five (5) years’ demonstrated experience in school operations, funding, planning, facility design, construction and maintenance
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity.
Generally the job requires 60% sitting, 20% walking, and 20% standing.
Maintains all licenses and certifications
Criminal Justice Fingerprint
Fair Labor Standards Act
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
$93,660 to $136,445 Per Year