ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT I
Business and Finance (learn more)
Clarke County School District
- Job ID: 2872756
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 5, 2017
- Starting Date:
January 2, 2018
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
TITLE Accounts Payable Assistant I
REPORTS TO Director of Finance and Business Services/ Accounts Payable Supervisor
SALARY G38 $29,116.82- $42,417.70- Days worked per year: 248
NATURE OF WORK
The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible for reviewing checks for accuracy and mailing, maintaining files, processing invoices for payment and resolving problems that may delay payment. The A/P Assistant also performs other duties for the accounting department.
1. Process purchase orders and invoices for payment. Resolve any billing problems with vendors and CCSD personnel.
2. Input purchase order and invoice information for vendors A-M for weekly check run. Verify balance for invoice totals and bank totals.
3. Maintain numerical check copy file for state auditors and for permanent records.
4. Reconcile vendor statements.
5. Assist supervisor in recording and disposing of old accounts payable records. Compile and type list of destroyed files to keep on permanent record as per state regulations.
6. Review AP checks for accuracy and mailing.
7. Assist callers with accounts payable problems.
8. Backup for Accounts Payable Supervisor for all AP functions.
9. Perform switchboard duties as required.
10. Obtain files for auditors when requested.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
• Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Ability to learn new accounting system (MUNIS).
• Ability to perform tasks independently.
• High school diploma with emphasis in business subjects and accounting practices. Additional business and accounting training preferred.
• Ability to remain courteous and professional with the public and CCSD personnel, whether on the telephone or in person.
• Previous experience required.
The following figures convey the relevant and relative physical abilities an applicant or employee must possess in order to fulfill the job functions and duties:
STANDING/WALKING SITTING SQUATING/STOOPING REACHING LIFTING
10% 85% 2.5% 2.5 50lbs
Support Staff > Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clarke County School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
This employer has requested that all applicants answer the following questions. It is highly recommended that you type any essays in a word processing program, save them, and then paste them on the proceeding job application page.
Please describe your accounting experience.
(Answer limited to 600 characters, including spaces)
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.