Middle School ESL Teacher (6th Grade)
Join Central Queens Academy (CQA), a new and growing charter middle school serving a multi-ethnic immigrant community. Located in Elmhurst, CQA enrolls a diverse student body that hails from all over the world. The mission of CQA is to prepare students for success in education, the workforce, and the community through a school that integrates literacy, standards-based academics, and culturally responsive support services. In 2016-2017, we will serve about 400 students in grades 5 through 8 across two buildings.
We are seeking a Middle School ESL Teacher
who wants to join a small, student-centered school in Queens. All team members will be called upon to employ a “whatever it takes” mentality and activate innovative thinking to help our students.What We Ask of our Teachers
What We Look For
- Teach – Drive student mastery of core and character standards through excellent teaching practices
- Collaborate – Support efforts to institutionalize effective team practice and build a strong foundation
- Grow – Engage in continual learning and reflective practices to build your skills and career
- Evidence of self-reflective practices, coachability, self-motivation, and collaboration (required)
- Exhibits a high level of organization, a knack for systems of data collection and analysis, and preparedness for instructional blocks (required)
- Minimum Bachelors Degree (required) and Masters Degree (preferred)
- NYS Certification in respective area of instruction (required)
- At least two years of teaching experience in an urban setting (preferred)
- Experience/strength in content area of application (preferred)
- Expertise in standards-based curriculum design or with UBD framework (preferred)
- Bilingual (Asian or Spanish languages) (preferred)
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and above corresponding NYCDOE salaries,
- Retirement plan participation,
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, vision, and dental insurance.
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.