Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
SHERIDAN SCHOOL DISTRICT 2nd MECHANIC JOB DESCRIPTION
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. 250 day (12 mo.) contract; 8 hours per day.
2. Salary based on district salary schedule for the position.
3. 12 days Sick Leave per year of employment cumulative to 90 days.
4. 10 days paid vacation per year of employment cumulative to 20 days.
5. 3 days personal leave.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid Arkansas driver’s license and CDL with school bus endorsement.
3. Must pass an Arkansas State Police background check, an FBI background check, and a Department of Human Services background check all at your own expense. ($48.50)
4. Must be able to work and satisfactorily complete work assignments under limited or no supervision using standardized practices and/or methods.
5. Must be able to prioritize work assignments with the safety and well-being of others as the top priority.
6. Must be able to work cooperatively with others as well as have a calm, patient demeanor with everyone.
7. Must be able to communicate effectively.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Perform routine vehicle maintenance and preventive care program (e.g. oil change, brakes, tire rotation, lights, PMI safety inspection, etc.)
2. Inspect assigned vehicles (e.g. brake system, oil levels, coolant, tire pressure, wiper blades, fan belts, exterior and interior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that the vehicle is in a safe operating condition.
3. Prepare written materials (e.g. repair and maintenance logs, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
4. Maintain tools, equipment, and/or shop area for the purpose of ensuring the availability of tools and equipment and safety within the workspace.
5. Assist in maintaining a current inventory of supplies and equipment.
6. Maintain and keep up-to-date all appropriate licenses, permits, and professional credentials. 7. Respond to emergency situations as may be required, 24 hours per day/7 days per week/365 days per year.
8. Utilize the maintenance work order system for the purpose of prioritizing, scheduling and documenting work activities.
9. Attend unit in-service and safety meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
10. Promote high standards of safety and good housekeeping methods in all work- connected areas.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Administrative Services, Head Mechanic, or Superintendent of schools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of a 2nd Mechanic.
While performing the duties of this job, an employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or be able to listen and communicate verbally. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand or occasionally sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move and carry up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move and carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Occasionally work in confined areas. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The preceding qualifications, duties, responsibilities, and requirements have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by a 2nd Mechanic employed by the Sheridan School District. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, requirements and/or qualifications required of the person hired for the position.
Position Type: Full-time
Positions Available: 1
$33,883 to $42,508 Per Year
Support Staff > Maintenance Support Staff > Transportation
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sheridan School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
High School/Trade School degree preferred
Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.