ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL - COLUMBUS SCIOTO (6-12)
COLUMBUS CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Job ID: 2872905
- Application Deadline:
December 26, 2099
December 5, 2017
- Starting Date:
December 4, 2017
Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head
TITLE: Assistant Principal, Senior
JOB STATUS: Administrator, FLSA Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal, Senior
DEPARTMENT: Columbus Scioto (6-12)
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists the Principal oversee the successful delivery of academic instruction to the district’s students in grades 9-12 and supervise the daily operations of assigned school.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of building staff. Duties include evaluating and observing certified and classified staff performance.
- Assists the Principal oversee the delivery of academic instruction ensuring learning experiences consistent with the mission statement and instructional goals of the building and district.
- Provides assistance and guidance to staff who are engaged in student instruction.
- Promotes improvement of curriculum and instruction within the building.
- Monitors student achievement and progress toward instructional goals and objectives of the building and district; initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Administers the student behavior and discipline program; counsels and provides guidance to students regarding a variety of personal, academic and behavioral issues.
- Investigates and addresses student-related issues and concerns; develops a plan of action to address problem(s).
- Works cooperatively with guidance counselors, social workers and other support team members to implement various initiatives to increase the high school graduation rate, decrease the student dropout rate, and ensure students are able to achieve their appropriate grade level.
- Develops the master schedule and class scheduling of students.
- Coordinates the completion and distribution of student progress reports, interim and quarterly student report cards.
- Plans, coordinates and executes assigned grade level activities including student recognition, Homecoming, Prom, Graduation, and the like.
- Assumes responsibility for execution of the building’s emergency and crisis plans including fire/emergency drills.
- Monitors school building areas to ensure safe conditions and compliance with Federal, state and local health and safety standards.
- Manages the transportation of high school students to/from school.
- Creates and promotes a positive and cooperative atmosphere that encourages and motivates students and staff; ensures rules are fairly and consistently administered.
- Supports implementation of the building’s after school activities and events by attending activities/events and ensuring acceptable student behavior at all school sanctioned/sponsored activities/events.
- Prepares or oversees completion of required documentation and reports.
- Promotes positive school-community relations by clearly communicating school messages to parents and members of the community; responding to parental and community inquiries in a timely and courteous manner, and maintaining visibility with students, parents and the community.
- Performs the duties of Principal in that individual’s absence.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices, trends and new developments in high school curriculum, instruction and building administration. Recommends changes to operations and instructional strategies as necessary.
- Facilitates Teacher Based Team Meeting and Grade Level Team Meetings.
- Serves as Chair and/or participant of Attendance Committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.