Everwood Day Camp
- Job ID: 2872920
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
January 29, 2018
- Starting Date:
June 25, 2018
Want to stay active in a beautiful outdoor setting on a lake? A busy summer day camp needs a Maintenance Assistant. This is a seasonal position of approximately 40 hours per week.
- The regular work day runs from Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm (which includes a 30 minute unpaid lunch break) with occasional night and weekend work in addition.
- The Maintenance Assistant's regular work day will include the refilling and distribution of water and snacks around Camp, set up of equipment for special events and activities, and landscape detailing.
- The Maintenance Assistant may also be asked to do some: raking, painting, digging, cleaning.
- Dates of Camp are from June 25th to August 24th (9 weeks), but we could have 40 hrs per week of work starting in late May/early June for the right candidate.
- Salary is $11 per hour.
- Free BBQ lunch every Friday of the summer!
- Housing is NOT included. Staff must live in the local area.
An enthusiastic, motivated, warm, friendly individual.
The ability to communicate, with patience and clarity, with co-workers.
The ability to lift 50 pounds.
The ability to work efficiently with an eye for detail.
18+ years of age (must at least have finished Sr year of high school by June).
Experience of working in a maintenance/landscaping position (or similar)
Everwood Day Camp is an outdoor focused summer camp featuring many physically demanding activities on land and water. Staff members are regularly required to walk, hike and otherwise move in woods, fields, beaches, and lakes. In order to perform the job, each staff member of Everwood Day Camp must be physically able to travel around a large rural environment (fields, woods, beach, etc.) over uneven ground on a regular basis. Everwood Day Camp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Administrator > Curriculum
- Position Type: Summer
- Positions Available: 1
$11 to $11 Per Hour
Administrator > Vocational/Career Education
Athletics & Activities > Theater Production
Career Education > Automotive Body Repair
Career Education > Building Maintenance
Career Education > Carpentry
Career Education > Child Care Education
Career Education > Culinary Arts
Career Education > Dance
Career Education > Industrial Electrician
Equal Opportunity Employer
Everwood Day Camp is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- None degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.