- Job ID: 2872965
- Application Deadline:
January 5, 2018
December 5, 2017
- Starting Date:
Calling all strong communicators and nonprofit enthusiasts eager to dive deeper into philanthropy: Xavier Charter School (XCS) seeks a part-time Development Director. We need your help if you love education, have a unique and persuasive way of articulating our school’s value, and can share that love of mission to build relationships with people!
Located in Twin Falls, Idaho, the Development Director will report to the XCS Board of Directors, but will regularly engage with the Head of Schools, Administrative Team, staff members, students and parents.
The Development Director will oversee the administration of the XCS fundraising efforts. This role will focus on two principle activities: 1) Creating and implementing a strategic vision and plan to lead the fundraising activities to include, but not limited to, initiatives and marketing materials and 2) Building on and establishing new internal and external relationships to advance the programmatic agenda of the XCS to include identifying funding opportunities and writing grant proposals.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in development and/or communications, with a track record of successful donor-centered or customer-focused efforts. S/he will be strategic and collaborative, and someone that thrives in a fast-paced, creative, results oriented culture;
• The Development Director plays a key role in identifying, securing and stewarding financial support for XCS’s general operations or special initiatives and student educational programs;
• Under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the Development Director is part of a skilled fundraising team, with a focus on new donors and multi-year grants, steward relationships with existing partners to ensure funding and relationships are lasting.
• Help envision, develop and execute XCS’s annual fundraising plan;
• Lead the effort in garnering financial support, especially from individuals and corporations;
• Develop and implement a creative and effective donor appreciation plan;
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors;
• Assist with fundraising aspects of existing special events; perhaps develop new fundraising event;
• Working with Board of Directors, HOS, Administrative Team and Business Manager to track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising;
• Gathers information and prepares or coordinates letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, appropriate materials, and budgets;
• Researches, identifies and cultivates new sources of funding, and monitors changing developments in philanthropy;
• Works collaboratively to improve the quality of XCS’s funding resources, to set and achieve goals, and to meet deadlines;
• Updates and maintains files and/or database to reflect personal contacts with funders;
• Work with XCS’s Board of Directors and Administrative Team to move corporation, foundations and private funders through identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship by crafting and implementing specific solicitation strategies, assuring timely and well-crafted proposals and presentations to corporate and foundation prospects;
• Advise faculty of funding and partnership opportunities, provide consulting services on development issues, and remain abreast of XCS priorities and programs that may be of largest interest to private funders;
• Assist with planning and executing corporate and foundation site visits including the development of effective briefing materials for XCS leaders and preparation of faculty for their roles in meetings and events;
• Provide qualitative and quantitative reports of progress;
• Monitor trends in the community and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary;
• Present monthly Development Committee Report to the Board of Directors;
• Establishes and maintains a donor data base system;
Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must possess:
• Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to coordinate, write, administer and report on grants and fundraising;
• True grit and the “can do” reliability of a genuine team player;
• Relentless optimism and the drive to make things better.
• Three or more years of related work experience, preferably in development;
• Must have excellent in interpersonal communication, public speaking, and writing skills, preferably focused on development and/or grant writing. Attention to detail is essential;
• Ability to eloquently articulate XCS’s mission and programs, and show passion for the mission of XCS;
• Must possess a strong personal work ethic, good judgment and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of constituents;
• Proven ability to strategically and effectively build relationships and partnerships with donors;
• Have experience in an administrative position with efficient and professional office skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work appropriately and adapt easily to changing priorities.
• Must be willing and able to manage some travel as needed.
• Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in a related field, or related experience equivalent;
• Have 3+ years paid nonprofit experience in donor development, major gift solicitation, event planning, and fundraising;
• Exhibit comprehensive analytical skills and experience;
• Possess thorough knowledge of potential funding sources;
• Be able to establish and maintain effective and cooperative work relationships with potential funding sources as well as organizational staff and volunteers;
• Exceptional persuasive writing and verbal communication skills are required, as is superior ability to creatively articulate the needs, interests and accomplishments of Xavier Charter School to a wide range of audiences;
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
• Ability to build strong working relationships with the faculty, staff, parents, students and community members;
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact in all work efforts;
• Be comfortable working in an environment that emphasizes quantitative performance goals and metrics, as well as requires adaptability to changing circumstances and unique opportunities as they occur;
• Ability to implement change and foster a culture of continual improvement;
• Represent Xavier Charter School professionally and bring both professionalism and efficiency to the position;
• Weekend and night work possible; some travel for prospect work required.
XCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested individuals need to submit a resume and letter of interest to Gary Moon, Head of Schools at email@example.com.
- Position Type: Part-time
- Positions Available: 1