TITLE: Teacher Assistants
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
To assist teachers in a manner that students may be supported in learning skills that they can
apply for College and Career Readiness in accordance with the Mississippi Framework and
Common Core Curriculum.
Students and their learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in small group pupil instruction; tutors pupils at teacher's request;
- Assists teacher in maintaining discipline and other functions
- Assists with set up of classroom and prepares materials for specialized instructional units
- Handles attendance reports and related clerical functions with the teacher
- Assists in assembling/hanging materials on bulletin boards and keeping displays current
- Operates standard school equipment such as laminator, copier, audiovisual, etc.
- May escort children to and from various rooms
- Other duties as assigned
Associate Degree or 48 hours of college credit required to take the Teacher Assistant exam; Experience preferred but not required.