WAHLUKE SCHOOL DISTRICT #73
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
REPORTS TO: Director of Business & Operations: Superintendent
CLASSIFICATION: Classified Non-Represented Supervisory Position, FLSA Exempt
PURPOSE: The Director of Technology Services provides vision and leadership for all technology initiatives in the school district, coordinating and directing the integration of administrative and instructional technology applications. This includes establishment of District technology strategies, organization, and structure to support effective integration of technology in to the classroom instructional program and to maximize service delivery to administrative offices, and the educational maintenance and operations.
• Provide leadership and focus resources to infuse and sustain the use of appropriate technology solutions throughout the school system.
• Provide vision and strategic planning to ensure the District’s technology infrastructure and support systems remain responsive to ongoing business demands, changes in instructional trends and practices, and advances and changes in technology.
• Serve as the District’s chief technology advocate, promoting the effective use of technology resources in support of instruction and student achievement, and in support of innovation and productivity of administrative and staff support functions.
• Plan, organize, and direct the development and implementation of small and large-scale District-wide technology initiatives including instructional technology integration, business information systems and network and computer center operations.
• Maintain technology equipment and systems (e.g. servers, systems, telephone systems, intercoms, security systems, software applications, network) for the purpose of ensuring that systems are functioning properly and effectively in support of District administrative and educational operations.
• Manage procurement of software licensing, inventory and surplus of technology equipment, systems and related services for the purpose of ensuring that all technology purchases for goods and/or services are consistent with the District’s technology objectives, and that equipment is properly inventoried or surplused consistent with local, district and state regulations.
• Monitor technology budget and expenditures for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate and expenses are within budget limits and/or fiscal practices are followed.
• Prepare a wide variety of documents, reports and materials (e.g. reports, policy and procedure documents, emails, memos, correspondence, budget, specifications, plans and drawings, analysis and test results, and cost estimates) for the purpose of providing necessary information to support District operations, including reporting internally and externally to the State or Federal agencies, and other entities as required by District, State and/or Federal regulations.
• Research outside funding opportunities and grants for the purpose of providing additional funding to enhance technology within the District.
• Supervise assigned technology staff (e.g. hiring recommendations, interviewing, training, evaluations, etc) for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting operational requirements.
• Participate as a member of the leadership team for the purpose of providing and gathering information in support of key operational decisions, particularly where technology issues are being considered.
• Attend various events (e.g. meetings, conferences, training sessions, District information sessions, School Board meetings, administrator events) for the purpose of communicating and/or gathering information required to perform the functions of the job.
• Perform related duties as requested and/or directed by the Director of Business and Operations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A clear vision of the comprehensive role of information technology.
• In-depth knowledge of information technology trends and integration strategies in both administrative and instructional application of technology.
• Ability to foster an environment that focuses on quality results while motivating, developing, and supporting staff, encouraging continuous improvement, and working effectively as a member of a diverse team.
• Leadership skills in both strategic and long-term planning; development and articulation of clear objectives, an action oriented and collaborative work style with excellent judgment and ability to see and apply the "big picture."
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and to make clear, persuasive presentations to diverse groups.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, insight, self-awareness and integrity when interacting with diverse employee groups, patrons, and business partners of the school district.
• Commitment to the principles of trust, teamwork, accessibility and collaboration.
• Experienced at vendor management, contract negotiation and administration of all aspects of RFI/RFQ/RFP processes and activities and compliance with E-Rate purchasing rules and requirements.
• Knowledge of and experience with all or several of the following technologies and software applications, including but not limited to:
o Microsoft Windows and Office Software Suite - Word, PowerPoint and Excel
o Windows Servers, SQL, E-mail archiving (Office 365, GFI)
o MAC systems, iOS, related systems, integrations, hardware
o Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Print Services, Storage Services
o Intel based standard Dell servers & Cisco UCS
o Storage Area Networks, Back-up/Recovery/Disaster Recovery solutions
o Gigabit Ethernet Wide Area Networking technologies including fault tolerant Layer-2/Layer-3 switching infrastructure and wireless networking (Cisco)
o Internet content filtering, packet shaping, intrusion detection, firewall, anti-spam/anti-virus, and load balancing technologies
o Helpdesk ticketing system (SysAid and the like)
o Client management software
o VMware view client, vSphere server, Unidesk VDI Management software and the like
o Website intranet/extranet portal system
o Learning management and curriculum systems
o Voice Over IP telephony systems
o Bachelor’s Degree in either Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field preferred.
o Minimum of 5 years work experience in the management and development of complex information systems.
o Advanced degree and/or credentials in a related field desired.
o Experience in a K-12 school system.
o Supervisory experience in an organizational environment in the area of information technology and telecommunications.
o Must qualify to work in the proximity of children under the conditions of a WSP/FBI background check.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Full-Time, 260 Days/Year, Non-Represented, FLSA exempt, classified position.
• Holidays, vacation and sick leave and benefits in accordance with the Wahluke School District Non-Represented – Exempt Contract.
• The usual and customary methods of performing the job functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
• The job generally requires sitting, walking and standing and is performed in a clean and healthy environment.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.IdahoEducationJobs.com/job?2873088|