Rio Rancho Public Schools
- Job ID: 2873096
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 5, 2017
Classroom Teacher > Preschool
This posting is for short-term 2017-2018 School Year.
Shining Stars PreSchool
182 Contract; 8 Hour Day
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Current New Mexico Department of Education license appropriate to the teachingassignment.
- Early Childhood Teaching License or attainment of such licensure within two years of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Efficient organizational ability;
- Professional written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding
- students, staff, parents, and school matters.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Coordinates teaching program with site-based goals and district wide objectives;
- Instructs and assists students in motor, language, socio-emotional and cognitive development;
- Assures that goals and objectives in Individual Educational Plans (IEPs) are completed;
- Assists students with special needs, such as feeding, moving non-ambulatory students, bathroom assistance, diapering, and bathing;
- Plan and direct instruction activities of educational assistants;
- Instructs students in one on one activities and in small groups;
- Provides regular communication with educational assistants, ancillary staff and regular education teachers on student progress;
- Arranges physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning and safety of students;
- Provide accurate delivery of curriculum to students within the scope of teaching assignment;
- Uses and applies appropriate conflict resolution skills with students; maintains positive attitude and ensures classroom environment is conducive to student learning;
- Develops goals and objectives for self, group and student academic achievement;
- Maintains documentation to assure accountability;
- Provides appropriate instructional classroom activities for students; maintains order in the assigned classroom;
- Maintains records of student performance and attendance;
- Completes required reports and report cards within prescribed time frames, attends staff meetings and in-service training activities and school activities in compliance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement;
- Performs other job duties, as assigned.
Work hours are established in the employment contract. Additional work hours may be assigned by the School Principal within the parameters of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Applicant must attach:
- Copy of Professional License OR copy of licensure application with money order sent to NMPED OR a written statement as to the status of your NM licensure.
- Copy of transcript from each crediting college or university
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.