- Job ID: 2873186
- Application Deadline:
January 15, 2018
December 6, 2017
- Starting Date:
July 1, 2018
Raymond School District Business Administrator
Raymond, New Hampshire
Raymond is a community steeped in New England tradition located in southeast New Hampshire, twenty minutes from Manchester and half hour from Hampton beach. Raymond has easy access to Interstates 95, 93 and 89, all within a 20 mile radius of the town. The population of Raymond is 10,236. There are three schools; Lamprey River Elementary School, Iber Holmes Gove Middle School and the Raymond High School and one School Administrative Unit, SAU 33. Enrollment for 2017-2018 school year is 1,284 students.
Position Type: Full-time/Exempt
• This position is responsible for the planning, administration and conduct of business affairs of SAU 33 in accordance with the state laws, policies and practices of the School Board and the direction of the Superintendent of Schools.
• To oversee budget, finance, purchasing, facilities, technology, transportation, food service and risk management for the District and the SAU.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Classify, report and analyze all financial records of the District
• Develop the annual budget timeline
• Participates directly and /or advises in the collective bargaining process
• Works closely with Human Resources to coordinate employee information, pay, benefits, timekeeping, leave, CBA requirements, etc.
• Develops and implements processes to mitigate or reduce risk to the Board and the District
Position Reports To: Superintendent of Schools
Business and Finance Staff, Facilities Director, Food Service Director and Technology Director all report to the Business Administrator.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business finance or closely related field; Master’s Degree preferred
• Certified (or certifiable) as a School Business Administrator by the NH Department of Education
• Training and experience in public school administration preferred, including at least three years in a supervisory capacity
• Knowledge of applicable RSA’s and regulations as related to financial planning and reporting within a school business setting
• Knowledge of local, state and federal financial reporting requirements, including GASB and GAAP
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations as they relate to public school facilities
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software; knowledge of MUNIS software
Special Position Requirements:
• Assist in the preparation and presentation of budgets to the School Board and Budget Committee and the community
• Reliable transportation requires for travel between building and off-site conferences
• Frequent evening meetings
• Maintain effective relations with, and act as a resource for School Board, Budget Committee, CIP Committee, staff students vendors, public agencies, media, private organizations and the public
• Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders within the District and throughout the Town of Raymond
The application packet must include: cover letter, resume, application, copies of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, proof of certification and three current (within 1 year) letters of reference. Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit the INTERNAL CANDIDATE JOB APPLICATION FORM with supporting documents.
1. The Raymond School District and SAU 33 only accepts applications for currently posted positions.
2. All applicants for certified, professional and administrator level positions must submit original transcripts and a copy of certification or statement of eligibility. All applicants must submit three letters of recommendation.
3. Interviews will be scheduled with selected candidates on the basis of education, experience and other qualifications
4. Only those applicants who have been interviewed will be notified of the hiring decision.
5. Any offer of employment is contingent on a pre-employment physical according to RSA 200:36 and criminal background check with the cost paid by employee in accordance with RSA 189:13-a.
6. A completed W-4 and I-9 (proof of eligibility to work in the US) are required. Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Raymond School District and SAU #33 does not discriminate in its education programs, activities or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, language, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran, marital or citizenship status. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Genetics Information Nondiscrimination Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and RSA 354-A.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1