MAINSTREAM TEACHING ASSISTANT
Hiawatha Elementary School
Essex Westford School District
Additional qualifications include the following:
- Associate's degree (or minimum of two years of higher education) plus 2 to 3 years of directly related experience (or equivalent training and experience) preferred.
- Good working knowledge of disabilities of special education students, and special education teaching methods, theories and laws also required.
- Good understanding of standard classroom operations and teaching methods; good basic teaching skills.
- Demonstrated mastery of the academic subject matter being taught to students.
- Flexibility within schedule to meet bus and/or stay with student(s) at the end of the day.
For a list of additional qualifications and duties, please Click Here for a copy of the job description.
Position pays $14.97/hour for up to 6.5 hours/day with excellent benefits including family medical and dental insurance; life insurance; tuition reimbursement; and paid leaves. Position is available on a temporary basis for the remainder of the 2017-18 school year only. Selected candidate would need to reapply for the 2018-19 school year should they wish to return.
Applications only accepted electronically through Schoolspring.com.