HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER
Jasper County School District
- Job ID: 2873209
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 6, 2017
Classroom Teacher > English & Language Arts
JOB TITLE: High School English Teacher
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid South Carolina Teaching Certificate in High School English or out-of-state certificate in High School English
- Bachelor's Degree
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board finds appropriate and acceptable
- Bachelor's Level Range: $34,192 -- $55,893
- Master's Level Range: $39,151 -- $63,141
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
Under general supervision, teaches assigned English courses. Assists in other school programs as assigned, and creates a flexible program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth in accordance with each student's ability.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and the time designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the resources provided by the district.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for co-curriculum activities as assigned.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with others.
- Provides for own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Integrates technology into the curriculum and teaching.
- Implements the District and State approved Curriculum.
- Follows all state public school education laws and School Board Policies.
- Performs all other duties that may be asked by supervisor, principal, and/or superintendent.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.