The successful candidate must hold or be eligible for certification in Speech-Language Pathology in Kansas.
Ft Leavenworth USD 207 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training or promoting on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under local, state or federal law.
Job Title: Speech-Language Pathologist
Qualifications: Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services Speech Language Pathologist License
Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders
Reports to: Building Principal and Special Education Administrator
- Instruct special education students in a variety of settings as indicated by IEP team.
- Attend and participate in team planning.
- Responsible for safety and well-being of students while in school.
- Develop and implement Individual Education Plans.
- Hold annual IEP meetings and 3-year re-evaluation meetings.
- Collect data on IEP objectives for quarterly IEP progress reports.
- Communicate with parents as necessary.
- Administer appropriate tests.
- Supervise the delivery of special education services by assigned para-educators.
- Collaborate with other teachers on students, curriculum and scheduling.
- Make curriculum adaptations for special education students in general education classes.
- May need to travel using personal transportation.
- Maintain professional skills by attending staff development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.