Posting is for 2017-18 SY
Rio Rancho High School
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
Current New Mexico Department of Education license appropriate to the teaching assignment with applicable endorsements or ability to obtain proper licensure within 90 days of hire.
Efficient organizational ability;
Professional written and oral communication skills;
Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and confidentiality regarding
students, staff, parents, and school matters.
Essential Job Responsibilities of Teacher:
- Coordinates teaching program with site-based goals and district-wide objectives;
- Implements approved curricula to achieve student learning at appropriate state standards and benchmarks level for each grade
- Arranges physical environment of the classroom for optimum learning and safety of students;
- Uses and applies appropriate conflict resolution skills with students;
- Maintains positive attitude and ensures classroom environment is conducive to student learning;
- Develops goals and objectives for self, group, and student academic achievement, maintaining documentation to assure accountability;
- Provides appropriate instructional classroom activities for students; Maintains order in the assigned classroom;
- Maintains records of student performance and attendance;
- Completes required reports and report cards within prescribed time frames;
- Maintains appropriate contact with parents/guardians regarding student progress, arranges for and attends parent /teacher conferences
- Attends staff meetings and in-service training activities
- Competent technology skills.
- Demonstrates the competencies as required by Regulation Title 6, Chapter 69, Part 4.12New Mexico Administrators Code Performance Evaluation System Requirements for Teachers.
- Adheres to Code of Ethics as outlined in 6.60.9 New Mexico Administrators Code
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Work hours are established in employment contract. Additional work hours may be assigned by the School Principal within the parameters of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Applicant must attach:
- Copy of Professional License OR copy of licensure application with money order sent to NMPED OR a written statement as to the status of your NM licensure.
- Copy of transcript from each crediting college or university
An Equal Opportunity Employer