Job Title: AVID Student Tutor
Report to: Principal
Number of days: Tuesday and Thursday one hour per day through Mid April, 2018
Compensation: Per Negotiated Agreement
Date Job Revised: 12-06-17
- Lead AVID tutoring session on Tuesday and Thursday each week
- Use the AVID tutorology method
- Attend tutorology training prior to starting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead peer critique groups that underscore the principle of collaborative learning;
- Assist students in any subject area, by being familiar with students’ textbooks and materials and AVID classroom resources;
- Assist in teaching study skills and other skills necessary for college preparation;
- Work with students at all phases of the writing process, such as brainstorming,clustering, read-arounds, revision, and editing;
- Respond to student writing with helpful verbal and written comments;
- Communicate regularly with the AVID coordinator/teacher regarding student progress and areas of concern and confer with the teacher about future tutorial plans
- Establish and maintain rapport with students;
- Facilitate student learning in a challenging, yet supportive, tutoring environment;
- Set an example of personal excellence and high expectations for all AVID students to follow;
- Participate in all required trainings, professional development sessions, and meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet student’s educational goals.
Must have own transportation and be available 3rd or 7th period.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
I hereby acknowledge receiving a copy and explanation of the Job Description. I understand the performance duties and responsibilities are an integral part of my employment and I will be subject to evaluations of my performance.
Employee Signature Date