This position will start Monday, January 8, 2018
• Minimum of an Associate's degree, or 48 Semester/72 Quarter college credit hours, or successful completion of the Para Professional Assessment Test.
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Dependable with good work attendance record.
Location: Central Park Elementary School
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days
Salary Schedule: $11.86 per hour plus benefits
Hours to Work: 8.0 hours per day
- Ability to communicate and establish good relationships with children, parents, school staff and community persons.
- High regard for the importance of positive school and community involvement.
- Sensitive to gender and cultural differences.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Ability to retrieve and organize materials.
- Ability to be self-motivated, resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to work with a flexible program.
- Use creativity to develop activities.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude toward school environment.
10. Has an excellent understanding of appropriate language usage.
11. Other duties as assigned
A family resource room in schools will serve as the focal point for encouraging and enhancing family and community involvement. The liaison is required to complete training sessions with additional in-services. Liaisons will be required to participate in special activities determined by the coordinating team. Some evening duties will be required, i.e., parent/teacher conferences, parenting activities, open house, etc.
Candidates need to have an application completed and an interview to determine the necessary qualifications for this position.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.