Job Title: School’s Out Before and After Child Care Assistant
Report to: Building Principal/Director of Program
Number of days: 176 days; 7hours per day; (Split Shift) (6:30 AM-9:30 AM & 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
Compensation: Per Negotiated Agreement
Date Job Revised: 07-28-16
Position Summary: To assist the site leader in planning and implementing the school-age care program and is providing direct supervision to the participating children.
- At least 19 years old with a high school diploma or GED
- Two years full time experience in a childhood setting
- Special certifications in child development, early childhood, recreation or related subject
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Willing to obtain DHS Director’s Certificate
- Be of good character, possess adequate physical and emotional health and be equipped by education, training and/or experience for the work they will perform.
- Computer Knowledge
- Experience with record keeping and following lesson plans and activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning and preparing the program environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing the needed materials and supplies.
- Supervise the children attending the program.
- Help with the daily record keeping, housekeeping tasks and serving of afternoon snacks.
- Assist site leader in any other appropriate ways necessary to insure the smooth operation of the program.
- Treat all children and their families with dignity and respect.
- Maintain a mature, loyal, and professional attitude to the program and its participants at all times.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences needed to maintain 2 Star rating.
- Possess current CPR and health/safety training. This includes the ability to operate a fire extinguisher.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on Evaluation of Support Personnel.
I hereby acknowledge receiving a copy and explanation of the Job Description. I understand the performance duties and responsibilities are an integral part of my employment and I will be subject to evaluations of my performance.
Employee Signature Date