Reports: Director of Infrastructure and Data Operations
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: P 1
No of Days: 236
Will be responsible for installation, troubleshooting and quality control of network and other low-voltage cabling and other permanently-installed campus technology hardware. This person manages in-house projects and contractors and participates in bond planning and implementation. Interface with technology, facilities, and campus staff, as well as contractors and architects.
Responsible for the completion of all work orders and projects as assigned by
Director of Infrastructure and Data Operations.
Responsible for Installation, mounting, and configuration of Televisions/Projectors/interactive boards into the school facilities
Responsible for supervising other departmental technicians on installation of wiring concerning Networks and other permanently-mounted technology hardware
Responsible for communicating with campus personnel on scheduling of work to provide for minimal classroom disturbance.
Responsible for the design and planning network schematics and documentation for wiring installation.
Responsible for the ordering of necessary materials and equipment to complete assigned projects.
Responsible for reporting on status of assignments and projects to Supervisor.
Responsible for in-house project management, design, and planning for bond, construction, and other district technology projects.
Responsible for serving as the district’s point of contact for architects and vendors involving technology construction.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- Certified network installer or ability to obtain certification
Special Knowledge/ Skills:
- Knowledge of wiring techniques including the installation of conduit and fiber duct for cabling purposes.
- Knowledge of electrical code to provide for proper installation of network cabling in existing and new facilities.
- Knowledge or experience with electronic trouble-shooting procedures in regards to verifying integrity of wiring. Familiar with electronic test equipment i.e. network testers, VOM, tracers, etc.
- Must be capable of overseeing the work of 1 to 5 cable installers, multiple contractors, design and planning of installations and reporting on status of projects to the Supervisor.
- Knowledge of building construction and structural components to ascertain appropriate installation in regard to maintaining integrity of facilities and building esthetics.
- Able to distinguish between various colors.
5 years prior experience in electronic / network /telecommunications cable installatio
Minimum of 1 year of experience in the supervision of a minimum of 2 people.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary. while performing the duties of this job.
1. Heavy lifting and carrying, 45 lbs. on a regular basis and 100 lbs. on a limited basis
2. Reaching above shoulders
3. Use of fingers, arms and legs
4. Repeated bending
5. Heights up to 50 ft.
6. Working in small confined spaces
7. Regular attendance required.
1. Standard hand tools
2. Power tools i.e. saws all, hammer drill, etc.
3. Conduit benders
4. Punch-down tools i.e. RJ-45 crimpers, etc.
5. MISD motor vehicles i.e. van, pickup, etc.
6. Power & manually operated personnel lift
7. Electronic test equipment, VOM, etc.
8. Ladders, platforms, scaffolds
9. Respirators and other safety equipment
The environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
1. Outside and inside
2. Excessive dampness or chilling, or heat
3. Noise, fumes, dust and dirt
4. Solvents and chemicals
5. Electrical energy
6. Working around machinery with moving parts
7. Working from ladders, tight confined spaces i.e. attics, crawl spaces and equipment tunnels
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive description of all work requirements and responsibilities. Additionally, the minimum level of education noted as a requirement could be supplemented by commensurate experience and/or certification(s) as determined by the hiring manager.