Archuleta School District 50 Joint
Middle School Assistant Girls' Soccer Coach
- Experience is preferred, but is not required
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to positively and professionally motivate and engage student-athletes
- Current or be able to obtain First Aide, CPR and AED certification prior to coaching student-athletes
- Qualify for district transportation certification to transport student-athletes
- Qualify for CHSAA Certification and complete prior to coaching student-athletes
- Qualify for Archuleta School District 50 Joint employment based on a background check
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable
The work requires periods of light physical activity and requires long periods of time standing and/or walking. Most of the work requires the physical demands of coaching the fundamentals of basketball.
Head Soccer Coach, Pagosa Springs Middle School Athletic Director / Assistant Principal.
To assist the Head Soccer Coach with organizing the middle school basketball program and to assist with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques.
- Holds students accountable to the information provided in the PSMS Student-Athlete and Activity Handbook.
- Assists the Head Coach in instructing players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport of soccer.
- Works with basketball players during practices and games to assist the Head Coach in assessing player’s skills and assigning team positions.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Assists the Head Coach with proper supervision of players at all times.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the sport of basketball.
- Models positive sportsmanship and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Participates in special activities that may include senior night, team dinners, end of the year banquet, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Participates in a school-wide student-athlete character development program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Athletic Director and/or Principal.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary: $2,940 per season, Season begins 3/14/18
Work Schedule: As designated by the CHSAA sports seasons, the Athletic Director and the Head Coach
Hours: As designated by the Athletic Director & Head Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt/classified
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on athletic evaluation and will incorporate evaluation s from students and supervisor(s).
I understand the description of this job and the essential functions, as given above. I also understand that all of the duties are not described above and that I will perform those above and other related duties as directed by my supervisor and management. Archuleta School District 50 Joint reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.