- Job ID: 2873521
- Application Deadline:
January 5, 2018
December 7, 2017
- Starting Date:
Cape Cod is the ideal New England getaway for rest & relaxation. There are 559 miles of coastline for you to retreat when not at work! Enjoy the rich history, art, culture and recreation. The Cape is a naturalists dream to explore wooded hills, cranberry bogs and sand dunes to thousands of ponds and miles of ocean and wildlife. 15 distinct towns are unique and home to quaint village centers, shops, galleries, resorts and B&B’s. The Cape has a mild year round climate with world class beaches, challenging golf courses, fresh seafood and within a short drive to Providence and Boston for city escapes!
The YMCA Cape Cod is seeking a motivated, team-oriented professional to provide leadership and direct supervision to our Child Care and School Age program activities at our West Barnstable location. Under the direction of the Senior Program Director of Child Care, the Child Care Director develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA child care and school age child care programs.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the infant, toddler, and preschool and school age programs for assigned location. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
2. Provides required 100% FTE non-teaching administrative time and must be on the premises at least 50% of the time that the school age portion of the program is in operation.
3. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and supervises staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Conducts monthly staff meetings and training opportunities as required. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures staff certifications are current. Facilitates communication and provides leadership.
4. Develops, manages and controls department budgets. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
5. Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
6. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment.
7. Supervises, develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs.
8. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
9. Responsible for building positive relationships with parents through regular communications. Produce and distribute monthly communication to parents. Maintain regular communications with all parents as appropriate.
10. Responsible for managing program food and supplies.
11. Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
12. Maintains proper records/department files.
13. Organizes special events for parents.
14. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
15. Prepares or supervises compilation of program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $40,121 - $50,151
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Christine Ezersky.
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1