ENGLISH TEACHER, LONG-TERM SUBSTITUTE .60 FTE
Colchester High School
Colchester School District
- Job ID: 2873592
- Application Deadline:
Posted until Filled
December 7, 2017
- Starting Date:
Enter your email to receive job alerts when new jobs like this one are posted.
POSITION TITLE: Secondary Teacher
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The classroom teacher is directly responsible to the principal of the school to which she/he is assigned, and will be held accountable for the performance responsibilities listed below.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year are in accordance with the current Master Contract and salary schedule.
CLASSIFICATION: Fair Labor Standards Act Exempt
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
EVALUATION: Performance in this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions in the current Master Agreement between the Colchester Education Association and the School Board. Evaluation will be completed according to the guidelines defined in the district's Differentiated Evaluation Process.
1. Current VT teacher license with appropriate subject area endorsement(s).
2. Demonstrated understanding and applications of best practices in teaching and learning.
3. Skills in collaborative problem solving, critical thinking, and teamwork.
4. Knowledge of Vermont Framework of Standards and the ability to create interdisciplinary lessons/units.
5. Commitment to District’s mission and Strategic Plan.
1. Instruct and guide students according to their developmental needs and in accordance with district curricula.
2. Create a classroom environment and climate, which is open, flexible, and conducive to learning.
3. Understand and demonstrate best practices in teaching and learning as well as current subject matter expertise.
4. Maintain appropriate student records and program documentation.
5. Communicate effectively with parents, students, and peers.
6. Implement district policies; follow school practices/procedures.
7. Assume supervisory responsibilities as assigned.
8. Demonstrate a commitment to continuing professional development.
9. Model professional behavior at all times.
10. Collaborate with other school and district staff members to achieve the district’s mission and school’s annual goals.
11. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the building principal or designee.
Classroom Teacher > English & Language Arts
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
Welcome to Colchester High School!
Colchester High School, part of the Colchester School District, is located in northwestern Vermont near Lake Champlain. We are the "Lakers", and our mascot is Champ. CHS, accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, opened in the fall of 1975.
Learn more about us...
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colchester School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Vermont Teaching License - English 9-12 Endorsement.
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States required
There are no application questions required for this job posting.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.