• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Regular work attendance is essential.
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Training in health care related field helpful.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Location: Belle Ryan Elementary, 1807 South 60 Street, Omha, NE 68106
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 duty days
Salary Schedule: $13.04 per hour plus benefits
Hours to Work: 7.0
• Assist classroom teacher to carry out educational programs for mentally handicapped students.
• Assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e., Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist and Speech Language Therapist.
• Maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in classrooms and restrooms.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Help prepare instructional materials required for classrooms.
• Assist students transported in vans.
• Record information on data sheets.
• Carry out behavior programs as planned by professional staff.
• Ability to physically lift a student, participate in a two-person lift or operate a hoyer lift.
• Assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e.,OT,PT,Speech Pathologist, etc
• Assist students with toileting needs and diaper changing.
• Carry out self-care programs with students including feeding, tooth brushing and grooming.
• Ability to assist students in completion of a wide range of academic subjects and levels.
• Maintain good interpersonal relations with peers and a wide variety of professional staff affiliated with program.
• Main confidentiality.
• Interact/communicate with students as directed by professional staff.
• Must be able to travel to different schools as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER