Hours per Day: 8 hours per day
Contract Status: Regular/Probationary
Start Date: 01/08/2018
Calendar: 260 Day - Classified
PURPOSE: To provide leadership to the district’s custodial staff for district maintenance services to the buildings and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the work of other Maintenance 1 employees, as assigned, in a manner that promotes team development and effective work as outlined by the Campus Steward.
- Exercises independent judgment to organize activities, resolve issues and respond to requests for assistance related to building operations.
- Carry out services to user groups as arranged by Building Use contracts.
- Ensures that assigned areas of district buildings and grounds are clean, safe, secure, and in good repair.
- Arranges physical spaces, equipment, and materials to support work and learning environments; including public use of facilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Operates building systems (i.e., mechanical, electrical, heating) according to district standards under the direction of supervisors and lead workers.
- Supervises students outside the classroom, as assigned, to support the district/building’s discipline and instructional program.
- Provides other related services as assigned.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Perform duties in a courteous and efficient manner that builds the confidence of staff, students, and the public in the Corvallis School District and enhances learning.
- Observe laws, district policies and procedures, and professional standards for the position.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with school personnel, parents, students and the public; work collaboratively as a team member.
- Maintain regular attendance at work and work activities and is punctual in meeting deadlines, attending meetings, and following schedule.
- Carry out work responsibilities with strong organizational skills effectively under pressure of deadlines, difficult situations, interruptions, and new or emergency conditions.
- Respect confidential information and the privacy of students, staff, and parents.
- Support students and staff in the district’s career-related learning standards to encourage the development of independent work skills through career exploration and community involvement.
- Develop job skills necessary to meet changes in the position.
- Maintain personal appearance and hygiene appropriate to the position as defined by the district.
- Meet applicable district physical ability/health and safety guidelines for the position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knows district protocols for building maintenance and cleaning, including safe handling of hazardous cleaning materials.
- Ability to implement district procedures for safe operation of building systems.
- Ability to understand and implement the school/program’s student discipline policy and to manage student behavior effectively outside a classroom setting.
- Ability to obtain specialized training and/or certification as required.
- Ability to travel among district facilities as needed; if driving, the ability to meet district driving standards.
- Standard First Aid certification may be required, or the ability to obtain certification within two months of hire, may be required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to frequently walk (occasionally on an uneven surface), reach with hands and arms (frequently reaching above the shoulder), stoop, kneel, twist or crouch. Occasionally, the employee will be required to climb and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Employee may use hands, feet, and back to repetitively push, pull, twist, and climb ladders. The employee may frequently ascend and descend stairs and ladders. While performing the duties of the job, the employee regularly is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and the risk of electric shock. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, in high precarious places, and in outside weather conditions, and frequently is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, and vibration.
The employee regularly must lift, move, and/or carry 10 to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds with assistance.
Successful applicants for employment will be required to complete a pre-employment physical examination process to establish their fitness to perform the jobs for which they have applied without endangering the health and safety of themselves or others.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment could be usually moderate to occasionally high.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Additionally, interviews will be scheduled electronically through TalentEd Recruit & Hire, using the email you have provided on your application. Please be sure to check email and your Recruit & Hire account regularly.