To apply for this position you must currently hold the title with Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) OR have successfully completed the AACPS Human Resources Interview Panel Process.
Assistant Principal I
Curriculum and Instruction
Reports To (title only)
Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Provides assistance to the school principal in the evaluation and modification of the instructional programs offered by the school. Supports the management of school, human and financial resources, buildings, grounds and equipment. Establishes effective relationships with students, parents, staff, community groups and Central Office support staff. Responsible for supporting the principal in providing a safe and secure learning environment for students and staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Acts on behalf of the principal in his/her absence.
2. Assists the principal in defining the school’s mission and communicating goals and expectations of the total school program.
3. Develops a working knowledge of and ensures compliance with Board of Education policies, regulations, and operating procedures.
4. Assists the principal in monitoring and improving student achievement through the analysis of appropriate, multiple data sources.
5. Assists the principal in supervising and evaluating all school-based personnel.
6. Supports the principal in the process of continuous school improvement to ensure success for all students.
7. Assists the principal and staff in developing a plan (SIP) that aligns instruction and resources in order to meet academic data points.
8. Assists in the implementation of the school emergency management plan (SEMP) in order to establish and maintain a safe and orderly environment.
9. Coordinates and supervises student activities.
10. Provides written reports, as needed.
11. Monitors the maintenance and accuracy of students’ records including grade reporting and attendance.
12. Plans and engages in professional activities which contribute to leadership development including the AP1 and AP2 programs.
13. Assists in determining and implementing school organization, student placement, evaluation, and services and programs to meet the needs of individual students.
14. Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with all school stakeholders.
15. Assists the principal with the responsibility for the business management of the school and develops a working knowledge of local school finances.
16. Assists the principal with the supervision and oversight of school operations unique to the assignment.
17. Models cooperation, collaboration, and positive interactions with students, staff and community by exercising initiative, diplomacy, courtesy, discretion and good judgment.
18. Supports the development, implementation and monitoring of each student’s IEP, as applicable while ensuring on-going compliance with special education regulations (state and federal), including the implementation of due process procedures.
19. Models a positive work ethic including professional dress, good attendance, and appropriate language.
20. Performs all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Master’s degree, as well as completed all administrative coursework and internship for administration at the time of interview.
· Three (3) years of successful teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Have worked in public education within the last three years.
· Be able to recruit and maintain a teaching and support staff that reflects the diversity of the student population and community.
· Be able to create a team that works collaboratively and promotes high expectations for all students.
· Be able to garner support and resources, and engage community organizations, individual education supporters, and businesses to support student achievement, social skill and character development, etc. inside and outside of school.
· Be able to build a school culture which takes account of the richness and diversity of the school’s communities.
· Possess knowledge of the curriculum of the schools of Anne Arundel County.
· Ability to employ business technology tools (e.g. e-mail, AACPS Intranet, electronic benefits enrollment tool, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).
· Have four (4) references on Anne Arundel County Public School’s reference form, one of which must be from your current supervisor.
· Have a record of good attendance.
· Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Be able to work effectively with diverse populations.
· Hold an APC.
· Be eligible for a Maryland certificate as a School Principal or Administrator I as required by Maryland State Board of Education Bylaw.
Career Ladder Requirements
· As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.
The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, OR display (each a “Submission”) will viewed BY other users OF the Service who may OR may NOT be accurately representing who they ARE OR who they represent. Do NOT include ANY Sensitive Data IN your Submissions. ANY Submission OR ANY use OR reliance ON ANY content OR materials posted via the Service OR obtained BY you through the use OF the Service IS AT your own risk. “Sensitive Data” FOR purposes OF this SECTION means Social Security OR other government-issued identification numbers, medical OR health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift OR other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit AND income information OR ANY other sensitive personal data AS defined under applicable laws.
|Learn more at http://www.IdahoEducationJobs.com/job?2873695|