PRESCHOOL/KINDERGARTEN SPECIAL EDUCATOR/TEACHER (ROBERTSON)
Margaret Robertson Elementary School
Central Falls School District
1. Capacity to implement a comprehensive early childhood curriculum and assessment system in alignment with the Rhode Island
Early Learning and Development Standards (RIELDs) while simultaneously, implementing all facets of the Central Falls
Kindergarten Curriculum in alignment with the Common Core Standards for Kindergarten including but not limited to: American
Reading, Being a Writer, Making Meaning, Eureka Math Curriculum & Second Step Social Skills Curriculum
2. Work with a Teaching Assistant to monitor and assess the learning progress of students across all learning domains.
3. Work with the Building Administrator, General Education Teacher, Early Childhood Specialist and related service providers to
collaboratively create, structure, monitor and plan for students to be with same age peers in the least restrictive environment
4. Capacity to adapt curriculum goals in order to meet the multiple challenges and needs of students while understanding specific
disabling conditions in consideration of particular learning styles, intelligences, strengths and weaknesses.
5. Capacity to consistently support utilization of augmentative communication devices & innovative technology/information in order
to support student need & growth.
6. Write and implement IEPs and consider the least restrictive environment possible.
7. Coordinate schedules with classroom teachers and other specialists in order to assure delivery as mandated in the student IEP
and within the least restrictive environment.
8. Select and implement appropriate Instructional programs and methodologies, plan, and implement instruction that matches
student goals (including IEP goals) and objectives while ensuring alignment with RIELDs.
9. Provide appropriate instruction in order to help students to meet their goals (including IEP goals)/objectives while differentiating
instruction as much as possible.
10. Utilize appropriate behavior management techniques during individual or small group instruction.
11. Maintain and use adaptive equipment and materials as needed.
12. Develop and implement classroom and curricular accommodations and modifications.
13. Capacity to teach and plan in alignment with the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ERS) guidelines/expectations.
14. Capacity to assess the progress of ALL STUDENTS using Teaching Strategies Gold & additionally maintain data collection as
15. Coordinate meaningful ongoing parent/guardian communication as appropriate and provide evidence of weekly individual 2 way
communication with each family (related to RIELDs.)
16. Participate in team evaluation meetings, work with related service providers in coordinating students IEP goals and needs.
17. Complete progress reports for all students according to the schedule set by district and RIDE.
18. Attend all State of RI Pre K Program Professional Development as appropriate.
19. Communicate with families regularly to discuss student performance, attendance, progress, etc via phone calls, emails, written
20. Such other duties as requested by the Building Administrator or Director of Student Services.